Blog @ Mortgage Supermart Singapore
Q1 2013 Singapore Real Estate Statistics - Mortgage Supermart Singapore
Latest Release of Real Estate Statistics for Q1 2013
- Prices of private residential properties increased 0.6% in Q1 2013, showing a moderation in the 1.8% price growth recorded in Q4 2012.
- Price growth in the Outside Central Region (OCR) grew marginally by 1.4% as compared to 3.8% in the previous quarter Q4 2012.
- Prices in the Core Central Region (CCR) increased by 0.6% as compared to 0.7% in the previous quarter Q4 2012.
- Rentals of private residential properties increased 0.8% in Q1 2013, which was marginally higher than the 0.7% increase sceen in Q4 2012.
- Developers launched 5,546 uncompleted private residential units (excluding ECs) for sale in Q1 2013.
- Developers sold 5,412 private residential units in 1st Quarter 2013, compared with the 4,353 units in Q4 2012.
- Developers sold 725 EC units in Q1 2013, about 56% less than the 1,682 EC units sold in Q4 2012.
- Volume of resale transactions decreased from 3,447 units in Q4 2012 to 1,871 units in Q1 2013.
- Sub-sales transactions accounted for 4.5% of all sale transactions in Q1 2013, lower than the 7.7% recorded in Q4 2012.
- Q1 2013 supply of uncompleted private residential units in the pipeline rose to 88,623 from earlier Q4 2012 86,475 units. Of this, 35,564 units remained unsold as at Q1 2013.
- Additional supply of 11,938 EC units in the pipeline. Total cumulative EC units of 100,561 in the pipeline supply.
- Based on the expected completion dates reported by developers, 18,400 units will be completed in 2013. This is the highest number recorded since 1997 of 14,600 completions.
- Stock of completed private residential units rose by 2,204 units in Q1 2013.
- Vacancy rate of completed private residential units dropped from 5.4% in Q4 2012 to 5.2% in Q1 2013.
- Rentals for office space dropped marginally by 0.2% in Q1 2013.
- Prices of office space increased by 2.1% in Q1 2013 as compared with the increase of 0.3% Q4 2012.
- At the end of Q1 2013, a total supply of about 1.164 million sq m GFA of office space is expected in the supply pipeline.
- Amount of occupied office space increased by 25,000 sq m in Q1 2013 as compared to 17,000 sq m increase in Q4 2012.
- Rentals for shop space declined by 0.6% in Q1 2013. Supply of 639,000 sq m GFA of shop space projected in the supply pipeline.
- Island-wide vacancy rate of shop space rose by 5.5% at the end of Q1 2013, from 5.2% at the end of Q4 2012.
- Prices of multiple-user factory space increased by 2.9% in Q1 2013 as compared to the decline of 2.7% in Q4 2012.
- Amount of occupied factory space increased by 83,000 sq m in Q1 2013, lower than the increase of 229,000 sq m in Q4 2012.
- Vacancy rate of factory space rose to 7% in Q1 2013 from 6.9% in Q4 2012.